What loads are my kitchen appliances?

My electrician has asked me to confirm what loads my oven and hob will be. (He is starting work but the appliances won't arrive for a while.)

I thought this would be an easy job with google, but after 40 minutes of searching apart from my induction hob (which this tells me has a load of 7.2kW), I am none the wiser.

My combination oven is a Zanussi ZVENM7K1. The supplier's page states:

Total Connected Load (kW) tbc
Fuse Rating (A) 16
This product must be hard wired (cable not supplied)

I downloaded the manual, but that didn't assist.

My Oven is a Zanussi ZOPNA7K1. The supplier's page states the following. Surely the 3490kW is a mistake!

Total Connected Load (kW) 3490
Fuse Rating (A)

As supply varies depending on usage please consult a qualified electrician for fuse rating.

If your electrician cannot work it out from that, you need a better electrician.

Combination oven says it needs a 16A fuse.

Main oven says max 3490W which at 230V calculates at a max of 15.17A so also will be fine on a 16A fuse / MCB

The hob, if electric, will be more significant. If it's the one you mention at 7.2Kw then that is 31A so a 32A mcb will do for that.

11 minutes ago, ProDave said:

If your electrician cannot work it out from that, you need a better electrician.

Combination oven says it needs a 16A fuse.

Main oven says max 3490W which at 230V calculates at a max of 15.17A so also will be fine on a 16A fuse / MCB

The hob, if electric, will be more significant. If it's the one you mention at 7.2Kw then that is 31A so a 32A mcb will do for that.

cheers!

1 hour ago, Adsibob said:

My electrician has asked me to confirm what loads my oven and hob will be. (He is starting work but the appliances won't arrive for a while.)

I'd more approach this from what they might be e.g. at some point in the future when you come to ever replace them with something that might be more demanding (or even if you change your mind with regards to your initial purchase). A case in point is our AEG single oven rated at 5300W/23A and there's nothing particularly special about it.

Installing large(r) circuits now won't materially add to the cost, but could save a small fortune in the future. Personally, I'd be wanting a 6mm / 32A supply for each.

Edited by MJNewton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MJNewton said:

'd more approach this from what they might be e.g. at some point in the future when you come to ever replace them with something that might be more demanding (or even if you change your mind with regards to your initial purchase). A case in point is our AEG single oven rated at 5300W/23A and there's nothing particularly special about it.

Yes that is more a case of choosing suitable cable, e..g. wire ovens in 4mm and hob in 10mm then you are pretty much sorted.  MCB's in the consumer unit are easy to swap if you change one of the appliances.

Customers get upset when I say no you can't have a 10.5Kw shower because the cable is only 6mm, unless you want me to rip up your laminate floor to install a bigger cable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Yes that is more a case of choosing suitable cable, e..g. wire ovens in 4mm and hob in 10mm then you are pretty much sorted.  MCB's in the consumer unit are easy to swap if you change one of the appliances.

Customers get upset when I say no you can't have a 10.5Kw shower because the cable is only 6mm, unless you want me to rip up your laminate floor to install a bigger cable.

Just spoke to my electrician and he reassured me it will be futureproofed because he will wire hob in 10mm and oven in 6mm. 

• Like 2