Outdoor dining

As the weather gets colder naturally I start planning some outdoor dining facilities .

I’d like a sink ( can Hep2o be exposed to sunlight or should I put it in conduit - lagged of course )

Some prep area . A small work surface . But what will with stand the weather conditions ?

Have ooni puzza oven 

BBQ - not sure to go gas ( guess really should avoid gas as will be I delete eventually  ) , electric the only real option ?? Or pellet ??

Need some friends to enjoy it - I’ll buy them later ?

Edited by pocster

20 minutes ago, pocster said:

BBQ - not sure to go gas ( guess really should avoid gas as will be I delete eventually  ) , electric the only real option ?? Or pellet ??

I use may own charcoal. I don't believe for a moment that the cheap commercial charcoal in bags comes form sustainable sources. Anyway if it is from 'abroad' then it has travelled a long way.

Start the barbecue with any old bits of stick from the garden with some hardwood cuttings (fruit tree prunings) on as the next layer, along with 'harvested home-made charcoal. At this flamy stage put food on in frying pans/planchas to make use of the heat.  

As the fire becomes glowing and controllable, it can be used as a conventional bbq grill.

Meanwhile, all around the fire is lined with oak logs, which burn smokily along with the starter fire and  then char for the next time.

After cooking, extinguish the fire asap. The amount of water shows just how much heat and fuel is still in there. 

Next day set aside the recognisable charred logs and charcoal for the next time.

Then collect all the ash in a bucket and hose and stir. 5% ash at the bottom, and 95% reclaimed charcoal (very fine) floating above it.

The oak is local and it takes 3 logs per session.

No parrots died.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...