Stud walls for wall hung toilets

21 hours ago, Onoff said:

I used coach screws for the side fixings, into the stud work. The sort you do up with a ratchet and socket. I had to unclip the cistern and lean it back to get to those.

20170305_215632

20170402_150828

:

@Onoff
Thanks for this. Although already very solid I inclipped the cistern like you did and inserted another couple of screws through the very top mounting holes.

• Like 1

Received the two UP320 frames and this is where were up to at the moment.

Thinking of having the soil vent pipe just to the left of toilet with an aav, not sure if we will have enough room to tap into waste pipe above floor or might have to go straight down and tap in below floor level.

How do you work out what height to put frame to if you don't have the toilet?

Regards  James

thumbnail_IMG_2232.jpg

36 minutes ago, James94 said:

Received the two UP320 frames and this is where were up to at the moment.

Thinking of having the soil vent pipe just to the left of toilet with an aav, not sure if we will have enough room to tap into waste pipe above floor or might have to go straight down and tap in below floor level.

How do you work out what height to put frame to if you don't have the toilet?

Regards  James

thumbnail_IMG_2232.jpg

the sectional drawing for my toilet shows the height from finished floor so I used that as a guide. Cut a bit of ply to use as a template, adjusted slightly and then screwed it all up.

A067E433-0FDA-4F88-997B-2539B80099D5.thumb.jpeg.d9554cc5698065894423b7748921beb0.jpeg

20 minutes ago, vala said:

the sectional drawing for my toilet shows the height from finished floor so I used that as a guide. Cut a bit of ply to use as a template, adjusted slightly and then screwed it all up.

A067E433-0FDA-4F88-997B-2539B80099D5.thumb.jpeg.d9554cc5698065894423b7748921beb0.jpeg

You need to know the dimns between centres of flush and poo pipes to make sure they match the Geberit frame.

You then need the dimn from top of porcelain to say poo pipe to set your frame. 

Never anything simple, do i have to buy the pan now or are they all similar dimensions. don't want to be sat on it with my head between legs, we are both over 6".

Regards  James

Edited by James94
poor spelling

10 hours ago, James94 said:

Never anything simple, do i have to buy the pan now or are they all similar dimensions. don't want to be sat on it with my head between legs, we are both over 6".

Regards  James

I found they are NOT all the same. Of those I looked at there was 1 common set of dimensions and a few that were off.  Might still have the spreadsheet I made somewhere. Will have a look when back at my pc.