Drip tray rather than waste pipe for boiling water tap?

Adsibob

I've only just realised that my architect designed our plumbing layout in such a way that the boiling water tap in our "drinks station" corner of the kitchen does not have a waste pipe. We had never intended to have the boiling water tap over the kitchen sink, as we rather have a separate drinks station, but I just assumed there would be a tiny sink or at least a drip tray that fed into a waste pipe. The reason providing a waste pipe is tricky is that we would have to route it through a sound proofed wall and that would lessen the soundproofing.

Is this a problem? There is plenty of space under the worktop where the boiling water tap is mounted both for the boiler unit and a large container to catch drips. So i could have a 300ml drip tray sunk into the worktop and if that's not big enough i could also drill through that and link it with a pipe to a bigger container in the base unit below.

I would then just have to remember to empty that container, but that shouldn't be a problem as it's right by the coffee machine which I need to empty every few days anyway.

I'm more concerned that a BCO might object to it not having a waste pipe. Is that a legitimate concern?

If you are having a Quooker then you need a waste pipe - as PeterW has said they have a pressure outlet that is plumbed into a drain pipe.

I doubt that a Sink trap connected to a pipe through a sound proof wall would be a concern or allow enough noise transfer to warrant concern - is the wall sound proofed for a specific reason and how is it sound proofed?

Buy the latest boiling water tap from Howdens.  It is actually a re badged Proboil 2.  Don't ask me how it works, but it does not need any form of vent, drain or tundish. (unlike the original Proboil 1 that did need a drain via a sort of tundish that they supplied)

1 hour ago, wozza said:

If you are having a Quooker then you need a waste pipe - as PeterW has said they have a pressure outlet that is plumbed into a drain pipe.

I doubt that a Sink trap connected to a pipe through a sound proof wall would be a concern or allow enough noise transfer to warrant concern - is the wall sound proofed for a specific reason and how is it sound proofed?

It's not a Quooker. It's a 98C one. Haven't chosen it yet, but probably a Clearwater Magus like this: https://www.qssupplies.co.uk/bathroom-furniture-shower-taps/284449.htm

The reason I am soundproofing the wall is because on the other side of it it's a utility room where all our laundry machines are and the kitchen is open plan to the dining and TV lounge area. The soundproofing is being achieved by having two sets of metal C studs with sound proof plasterboard, mineral rockwool, sm20 rubber and probably also a tecsound 100 membrane. Just seems a shame to pierce through that for the sake of a waste pipe. What is a tundish and why does this mean I can't just have an empty-able reservoir under my boiling water tap? I have enough space to make it 1L in size or even a bit bigger if necessary.