How should I bodge this?

A sudden veer in design from an area of the house not having a room to now having a room has caused me a bit of a headache. One partition wall is going to run parallel to the joists and fall approx. 150mm from a joist. The partition wall is going to be a simple stud wall 38 x 89 mm cls with plasterboard and some osb behind. The subfloor is 18mm osb at 400cc and I have noggings at 1.6m intervals that sit on sleeper walls. The joists are 47 x 145.

I'm seriously not in the mood to take up a new subfloor that's fully glued down and filled with insulation to add double joists below.

Can I get away with simply building the wall as is, or could I perhaps double up a couple of cls studs on the vertical like double joists laid on top of the floor (essentially so they span between the noggins) and build the wall on top of that? Any other sensible thoughts?

Now I really do sympathise with builders who hate customers who change their minds part way through a piece of work!

10 hours ago, LA3222 said:

I think you're overthinking this

Dead right, seems to be permanent affliction nowadays ?

10 hours ago, joe90 said:

Yes I would double up the sole plate, it’s holding no weight really, just itself ?

Ta!