ASHP contractor in East Midlands

gravelld

Yesterday: disaster. A whiff of oil when standing on our driveway. A crack in our oil tank (plastic, 22 years old)! Fortunately it was very small and I patched it with a bar of soap and a bit of Tescon Vana ? We have now decanted to an emergency tank.

But the new tank is going to be more than £1k so I'm beginning to think about moving onto an ASHP. Also, it looks like the Clean Heat Grant is going to be less generous to larger installations. So I'm thinking we might want to get moving.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a heat pump installer covering the East Midlands - Leicestershire specifically?

I had a couple of ASHP quotes in East Mids (near Kettering). Ended up going with Cool Energy and 2 of their big units and am self-installing with a plumber. Will let you know how it goes.

The others wanted about 10-12k on top of the parts to install which made it a non-starter. I only wanted a GSHP in the first place ?

There is still an option there to get the RHI which is the only way to make it (close to) worthwhile...

• Thanks 1