Black Mirror Adhesive?

amavadia

Morning

I have a a large mirror which I recessed into a tiled wall in the bathroom so that it is all level. There is a small 2/3mm gap all around the edge of the mirror between it and the tiles which I am looking for a product to fill in.

Mirror supplier said grout or silicone will eat away at the back of the mirror if it gets in contact and suggested just using the same adhesive as used to stick it on.

Ideally I wanted a black colour but cant seem to find black mirror adhesive anywhere. Found white and grey.

Anyone know of any products I could use for this?

Thanks

CT1 can be used. I would get some black pvc electrical tape ( not cheap crap from B&Q, go to an electrical wholesalers ) and wrap it from the face, across the cut outer edge, and to the back. Double up on the back overlapping the first run. 
Extremely carefully use a Stanley blade to remove the tape at the corner of the cut edge > face using lots of angle and a very steady hand. 
Use whatever colour tape you want, but you’d need to apply it to the cut edge and then view it from the front before progressing as mirrors are bar stewards for showing everything at the cut edge, TWICE, due to the reflective coating at the rear.

Use a dry dish cloth to rub the tape firmly to the cut edge to save a bit of claret escaping :)  
CT1 will bond as well as seal, but you’ll need a couple of packs of cheapo baby wipes handy to wipe away excess and clean up. Masking tape is your friend, and you can use the PVC tape for that too using the same apply amd cut away technique as above, peeling away the face bit immediately after smoothing the CT1 with the wipes. Use loads and just throw them into a carrier bag ( paper one ? ) after each 1 or 2 passes as you’ll soon be covered in CT1. It is truly ghastly stuff in that respect. 

4 hours ago, amavadia said:

Morning

I have a a large mirror which I recessed into a tiled wall in the bathroom so that it is all level. There is a small 2/3mm gap all around the edge of the mirror between it and the tiles which I am looking for a product to fill in.

Mirror supplier said grout or silicone will eat away at the back of the mirror if it gets in contact and suggested just using the same adhesive as used to stick it on.

Ideally I wanted a black colour but cant seem to find black mirror adhesive anywhere. Found white and grey.

Anyone know of any products I could use for this?

Thanks

Sika or similar body panel adhesive from car spares or paint suppliers. Will stick anything to anything just about and completely waterproof, mask off any areas you don’t want it to stick to.

regarding gaps in mirror adhesive this is for airflow behind large mirrors to prevent condensation being trapped and affecting the backing