Mixing valve

vala

I need to set up my pumpset for my UFH system and the mixing valve supplied by Wunda has the hot on the left, cold on the right. However when fitted the marker to show what temperature its set to would be at the back and not visible.

Are they all like this?

@Vala

Most mixing valves you can remove the marker and dial and rotate them through 180 degrees (without turning the mechanisim in the valve) so that the marker and temperture set can be read from the front if the valve.

Pop a picture on here if it helps, can check it over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @RHayes

tbh, after looking over the system again last night I realised there's still a temperature gauge on the flow.

And all the other images I found of the Wunda manifold showed them either the same way as mine, or even ones where there was no temperature digits. So assumed it was just going off the gauge on the flow.

so I just assembled it all so I could get it up on the wall today.
 I'll pop a pic up tomorrow when I'm back at the house.

Edited by vala

9 hours ago, Fly100 said:

You should also check the temp markings actually match the temp flow. Mine was about 10c out and needed the knob taking off and moving round a couple of splines on the shaft.

Noted. Definitely will be doing this.

Forgot to take a picture of the valve today, will try and remember tomorrow.

On 24/09/2021 at 08:21, RHayes said:

@Vala

Most mixing valves you can remove the marker and dial and rotate them through 180 degrees (without turning the mechanisim in the valve) so that the marker and temperture set can be read from the front if the valve.

Pop a picture on here if it helps, can check it over.

@RHayes

This is the mixer valve in question

8FC1238A-D1A8-4FAD-8E8C-94C5A8AEE0A4.thumb.jpeg.d11261933378283bff0af126a23d5173.jpeg85197EF5-6AB8-4EE0-8776-05A75D07E892.thumb.jpeg.b889d7a2d520646c5968cd3274d7a735.jpeg

My system is in the testing phase under pressure but as I was tidying up I thought I'd get this little job out of the way.

Undid the screw, pulled the knob and index off, spun it round then tightened it back up.

However I noticed that moving this dial affected the pressure.

Which made me think...:should the mixing valve be open or closed whilst pressure testing?

• 4 weeks later...

It shoudn't matter re the mixing valve. It is probably just a case of the moving part inside adjusting the volume where the pressrure gauge is connected.  Ultimately if there is no pressure lost through the red and blue valves then all is well.