Steps from back of garage door to garden - rules?

Adam2

Am waiting on my BCO to advise - we'd like to have a back door from the garage and ideally this would have an immediate single step down from the garage to the level below with an outward opening door. Is this acceptable or is a level area required in this scenario. This would be a single step directly from inside to the exterior floor level which would then be flat for 900 before a further single step down.

Reason for the above is that the garage is raised - front is levelish but the back is above ground level (on a steel platform).

Can't find this scenario in the regs docs I've been looking at

• 1 month later...
On 20/09/2021 at 14:03, Adam2 said:

Am waiting on my BCO to advise - we'd like to have a back door from the garage and ideally this would have an immediate single step down from the garage to the level below with an outward opening door. Is this acceptable or is a level area required in this scenario. This would be a single step directly from inside to the exterior floor level which would then be flat for 900 before a further single step down.

Reason for the above is that the garage is raised - front is levelish but the back is above ground level (on a steel platform).

Can't find this scenario in the regs docs I've been looking at

A door shouldn’t really swing over steps. BC likley to accept if it is a single step flush with the door, but door should ideally swing in away from step

Edited by Gordo