Narrow profile Windows

Triassic

We went to the House Build Show at the NEC yesterday to look at windows for the new house, to be hon st we were a little disappointed by the small number of window companies exhibiting. Our other observation was have chunky the majority of the profiles were! 

We're looking for more glass and less profile, anyone got any suggestions? I'm also a tight git, so value for money also plays a part.

45 minutes ago, Triassic said:

we were a little disappointed by the small number of window companies exhibiting.

@Triassic not just the window companies, I thought. We too were there yesterday and were struck by the lack of companies that we had seen in the past and who weren't there this time round. That said, we enjoyed it and were able to confirm various products for our project which is due to start in the next 12 months.

Chunkiness of the frame often depends on the reveal detail, the more you cover the frame with the reveal, getting better insulation detail, the less chunky it looks. Obviously the opening sashes will be the most chunky so deciding where they appear, inside or out, and how much reveal you can achieve around them are critical decisions. Other factors are the frame colours / contrast with wall finish and just how well insulated you want everything.

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 09:35, RandAbuild said:

Take a look at IdealCombi windows https://idealcombi.com/

Triple glazed/aluminium clad & PUR, with slim 53mm profile. Triple glazed one has U value of 0.79.

Here they are on our house in December last year (which is why it's so grey!)

Hi @RandAbuild - those IdealCombi windows look great - could you give me some idea of average cost per metre square please?