Well soundproofed internal pocket door

Adsibob

Is a well soundproofed internal pocket door possible, or is this an oxymoron?

i have to have a gap under the door for the MVHR, but subject to that I would like to make the pocket and the pocket door as solid and sound proof as possible. It is for the doorway between a bedroom and it’s en-suite bathroom. 
Any pocket door systems people recommend?

Sound travel considerations:

What's on the en-suite floor? Tiles?

What's the height of the gap under the door?

Is the loo around a corner or facing the door?

Will the room have any sound absorption in it?

Is the room to be fully tiled?

Maybe be a good pocket door, but the gap and acoustics can work against you.

Good luck

M

The bathroom will be predominantly tiled and quite small. About a third of the floor space will be covered with a wooden/cotton bath matt but I doubt that will dampen any noise. Gap will be minimum required by MVHR but I will probably widen the door to about 860mm to try to reduce the height of the gap by a couple of mm. The walls will be made from metal studs that are interlaced so that the plasterboard on one side of the stud is not in contact with any stud that touches the plasterboard on the other side. But I query what happens with the pocket. Perhaps the pocket can be separate to that build up so that I am essentially deepening the depth of the wall to accommodate the pocket without compromising the sound performance of the wall.

I am effectively asking: all other things being equal, what pocket door system do people recommend? Something premium that will feel substantial.

3 minutes ago, Gone West said:

I used Eclisse in our last house but I'm not sure @pocster would recommend them.

The doors great . I was sent 4 soft close runners ( all different ) and 7 set of varying instructions. 1 set of instructions ( the correct one ! ) and 1 correct soft close runner would of helped substantially! . Eclisse didn’t seem interested in my plight “ we have lots of variations just use the instructions “ . They didn’t know which instructions were correct for me . I gave up in the end ; ignored all instructions and just experimented making up the frame on the floor . Not really what you expect for a premium product . The instructions btw are all quite similar but have variations here and there . 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...