Planning for penetration

You're either reading this for one reason or the other. If it's to help plan sticking stuff through walls and sealing this then great. If not...you need a different forum.! 

SIPS kit is up, roofers starting so turning attention to getting ready mounting the rendrboard and cedral fibre cement. I will have a ventilation gap (45mm) and hence I would like to add as many penetrations prior to doing render board so I can seal them effectively from the outside at the membrane and also add supports battens for bigger penetrations  like MVHR ducts which will go through walls to get a good fixing for renderboard there. 

Looking for any input in whether I should seal inside and outside? What you used to seal outside? Was it just air tightness tape too?  Any things that you learned doing so etc and any handy hints. Also what things you had forgotten about and had to do later. 

Go....

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, SuperJohnG said:

You're either reading this for one reason or the other. If it's to help plan sticking stuff through walls and sealing this then great. If not...you need a different forum.! 

SIPS kit is up, roofers starting so turning attention to getting ready mounting the rendrboard and cedral fibre cement. I will have a ventilation gap (45mm) and hence I would like to add as many penetrations prior to doing render board so I can seal them effectively from the outside at the membrane and also add supports battens for bigger penetrations  like MVHR ducts which will go through walls to get a good fixing for renderboard there. 

Looking for any input in whether I should seal inside and outside? What you used to seal outside? Was it just air tightness tape too?  Any things that you learned doing so etc and any handy hints. Also what things you had forgotten about and had to do later. 

Go....

This is click bait ! Worked for me though !

• Haha 1

If you are targeting a high level of air-tightness, self adhesive gaskets for small wiring penetrations and gaskets + tape for large penetrations such as ducting.

Sealing to your air-tightness layer. Mine was the external t&g DHF egger board, so all gaskets and tape went to the outside sheathing layer (under the cladding):

image.thumb.png.e7fdb6b5c12090668a53838725a93ba6.png

• Like 1

I made all my penetrations after brick/block was up so did nothing to the external membrane. Internally I just used some orcon f and some tescon vana - no gaskets or owt like that. We got 0.2ACH on the test we had done?‍♂️ 

• Like 1