Running out of funds

This partially renovated home came on the market for offers around a million 

Only a few weeks later has been reduced to 770 k A last ditched attempt to find a buyer before auction 

94317DD6-31F9-47F6-9FF2-2C8259F5E07C.png

There are a lot about if you look for them, Not far from me was a castle with 3 cottages, one house recently renovated and two other building used as offices and apartments, plus a bunch of other buildings and about 20 acres, went for 1.5 I think. Whoever bought it has already sold the recently renovated house for 750k. There was another place similar just outside Lacock that went for the same money with just over 30 acres, needed renovating though.  Upper mid level properties are going beyond the top properties it seems.

4 hours ago, nod said:

This partially renovated home came on the market for offers around a million 

Only a few weeks later has been reduced to 770 k A last ditched attempt to find a buyer before auction 

94317DD6-31F9-47F6-9FF2-2C8259F5E07C.png

What will be the return on finishing it at that price?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lorenz said:

There are a lot about if you look for them, Not far from me was a castle with 3 cottages, one house recently renovated and two other building used as offices and apartments, plus a bunch of other buildings and about 20 acres, went for 1.5 I think. Whoever bought it has already sold the recently renovated house for 750k. There was another place similar just outside Lacock that went for the same money with just over 30 acres, needed renovating though.  Upper mid level properties are going beyond the top properties it seems.

A present you get a good extra margin if buying as a main residence due to the Stamp Duty holiday, I think.

• Like 1