Are stove prices going up or is this a sales trick?

I've settled on a DG Bora stove, found a seller with a good price, but not so keen on his flue prices which are pretty high, though appealing it's a one stop shop that will supply and install everything. About a week ago he told me stove prices were going up at the end of the month and i should get my order in quickly. Is that just a sales trick, or are stoves really increasing in price? I know timber prices and insulation prices are being pushed up, but Stoves?

Thought @Trw144 might know.

(You're talking about glass topped induction hobs right? When I think of "Stoves" I think of https://www.stovesareus.co.uk/stoves.html) 

Most kitchen appliances have an annual catalogue refresh and price update, in January.  Last Oct our supplier said Bora told them prices were increasing in Jan 2021 (so we put down the deposit before then).  

End of July would be 6 months on so perhaps they do twice-annual pricing.

You could ask about deposit now, balance when you're ready for it?

7 hours ago, Adsibob said:

I've settled on a DG Bora stove, found a seller with a good price, but not so keen on his flue prices which are pretty high, though appealing it's a one stop shop that will supply and install everything. About a week ago he told me stove prices were going up at the end of the month and i should get my order in quickly. Is that just a sales trick, or are stoves really increasing in price? I know timber prices and insulation prices are being pushed up, but Stoves?

Thought @Trw144 might know.

I haven't looked but can't imagine with the increased transport costs, and increased steel prices, that they are staying the same. I've just ordered a Hwam for a friend so will let you know imminently.