Sign in to follow this  
epsilonGreedy

Some people love chaos.

Recommended Posts

I went into my local BM to order 100m of roofing battens. The place was unusually quiet and the one regular behind the counter said "we have an artic load on order due December or January next year". I respond saying "I knew things were bad but no roofing batten for 6 months, really?".

 

They could only supply cement in paper bags which I declined and so in the end I purchased a roll of 10 rubble sacks and while paying the senior counter guy returned from lunch and I reminded him I was on the May list for a roofing batten delivery in June. He responded saying "we have a shipment due this month but that probably means the 31st".

 

How do these people expect to stay in business?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A polite way of telling you they don’t care or need your business At the moment 

 

When the first lockdown started BM that where showing as closed still delivered to the sites 

At the moment they picking and choosing and looking after repeat business 

Whilst the pandemic is the cause 

The government has prolonged this with its handout scheme 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nod said:

A polite way of telling you they don’t care or need your business At the moment 

 

When the first lockdown started BM that where showing as closed still delivered to the sites 

At the moment they picking and choosing and looking after repeat business 

Whilst the pandemic is the cause 

The government has prolonged this with its handout scheme 

Yep!

far too much easy money made available. Furlough was set too high so why work when you can stay home for almost the same, Why stay open and trading when you can stop paying rent and rates, claim a percentage of profits and cover your regulars. We have had local tree surgeons and jobbing builders walking in with tons of cash to buy machines and bragging how much they are getting for not working! ... great when first thing we get is "As suppliers to the Rail Network you will be expected to continue as normal" ... blaaa blaa blaaa  so working straight through, no money for anything, no grants, still have to pay rent and rates, not seen as key workers, not allowed into supermarkets etc as key workers, no money to implement covid measures, Covid police visits every couple of weeks and its all those having to stay at home on furlough who are the real victims! arghhhh .... rant over.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, markc said:

Yep!

far too much easy money made available. Furlough was set too high so why work when you can stay home for almost the same, Why stay open and trading when you can stop paying rent and rates, claim a percentage of profits and cover your regulars. We have had local tree surgeons and jobbing builders walking in with tons of cash to buy machines and bragging how much they are getting for not working! ... great when first thing we get is "As suppliers to the Rail Network you will be expected to continue as normal" ... blaaa blaa blaaa  so working straight through, no money for anything, no grants, still have to pay rent and rates, not seen as key workers, not allowed into supermarkets etc as key workers, no money to implement covid measures, Covid police visits every couple of weeks and its all those having to stay at home on furlough who are the real victims! arghhhh .... rant over.

Yep 

Exactly 

My wife and daughter work in a private hospital which was taken over by the NHS 

All staff where told No holidays for at least a year 

and way back Switch your app OFF when entering the building 

 

A friend who runs a groundwork’s company has staff still off work because the are worried about Covid One is his brother He knows at least two have watched the England games down the pub 

He’s talking about selling his yard and plant and closing his business down 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loathe this government's behaviour. The sleaze, the mendacity, the venality, the nepotism. I'm almost sure many within the government hate it too.

But -initially-  I could not have made a better job of keeping folk off the streets. And I'm grateful for that. 

 

What really irks is the bad example - not to say dishonourable behaviour -the inability to give a straight answer -  shown by many in high office: it chips away at my preparedness to forgive, to move on, to be magnanamous. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nod said:

A polite way of telling you they don’t care or need your business At the moment 

 

 

But in the space of 5 minutes two guys working behind the same counter gave a roof batten delivery date of within 2 weeks or in the new year. I suspect the "in the new year" chump just hates the job and customers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

 

But in the space of 5 minutes two guys working behind the same counter gave a roof batten delivery date of within 2 weeks or in the new year. I suspect the "in the new year" chump just hates the job and customers

Minimum wage 

Minimum effort 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this