House design

Nearly settled on a house design 

Quite different from our first build 

With bolted ceilings on the sun room and main bedroom 

With just two of us I had hoped to scale things down My wife has changed bed 6 to a reading room 

Still a bedroom to me 

Weve bought a three acre field at the back to try and protect us from further development I haven’t decided what to do with the other plot 

But we will build this one while deciding 

We have a budget of 250k which should be plenty With 25K contingency Should anything unexpected pop up 

Im going to move the garage to the bottom of the garden With an office above 

51A8962D-FF94-43B6-9C5B-3DCA1830B4E6.png

5A4723FA-40DC-43B5-AAEC-E39120430853.png

Edited by nod
Poor photo
  • Like 4

Nice looking house Nod, I like it and hard to beat owning a bit of ground around your house to avoid any future developments becoming a nuisance. I'm currently trying to do a deal for 5 acres that would give me a good buffer zone on all sides although being fairly rural I don't think development would ever be an issue anyway

• Like 1

Looks good and, given nobody is getting any younger, with a bedroom and en-suite downstairs for when knees won't cope with the stairs - we have done the same thing, our other concession is a straight & wide stair to make fitting a stair lift simpler. Here at millstone manor we extended to n bedrooms but have found that we rattle around in it now the kids are gone so the reading room is a sound idea. For the purposes of planning and ratable value might be worth adjusting the plans to show the reading room is NOT a bedroom! 

• Thanks 1