Choosing natural slates

we're deciding on our choice of natural slate and have the following samples:

IMG_0614.thumb.jpeg.13e21d8fc376e77a10036900871004fb.jpeg

IMG_0616.thumb.jpeg.b202b6730f6e040752652b687439826f.jpeg

I know which we've chosen. I wonder what you would choose?

just for completeness our cladding is shou-sugi-ban charred larch (example below taken from https://shousugiban.co.uk/range/charred-larch-cladding/) on the main house and normal Siberian larch on the other 'arms'.

Swann_Edwards_Charred_Larch_EDIT1-copy.thumb.jpg.4362ff149a5e92f4ac4a987d5d8e7474.jpg

2 minutes ago, Roundtuit said:

I chose the blackest ones I could find to try and make the black in-roof solar panels blend in, but with your cladding, I think I'd want some contrast, and maybe go with far left on top photo.

we've decided to not go for the black solar panels as they're a little less efficient and we figured that we'll never really see them! so the dark tiles to make the solar panels 'disappear' aren't really necessary.

We also agree that we need a contrast to the black cladding and despite me preferring the tiles in the middle that's not the one we've decided on.

(caveat that our choice could easily change by the time we get to ordering! such is the way with self-building I'm finding)

40 minutes ago, Dan F said:

Are they all Cupa samples?  We went with Cupa R12 in the end, as they were more grey and less blue than the SSQ slates we had sample of. 

4 x Cupa and 1 x Siga.

I wasn't that enamoured with the SSQ samples and they seem more expensive as well.

1 hour ago, tonyshouse said:

Country of origin is important, Welsh are best unless you want greenish. I find some from overseas crack diagonally after laying ?

we're only looking at Spanish slates.

2 hours ago, tonyshouse said:

Country of origin is important, Welsh are best unless you want greenish. I find some from overseas crack diagonally after laying ?

That's an odd way of spelling Scotch....