Telegraph pole

mcduff

hi there,

I'm attempting to build an extension in SIPS panels, there is a pole and junction box in the way,  but i could build around it if i had to, 

I have been quoted by a well known telecoms company that owns the pole to move it  and a small conrcete underground junction box £12,000 to move it 10ft.

i have equipment that i could dig a new junction box down where i need it, i wouldnt charge more than £500 to dig the hole and draw the cables to that point. I dont understand this price. I'm not that rich. 

is there anyway of not paying that stupid charge.

hoping someone knows something

If the pole and junction box is on your property do they have a wayleave in place giving them permission? They should have but often don't. This may then give you some leverage, if of course the pole is serving more than just your property.

3 minutes ago, Ralph said:

If the pole and junction box is on your property do they have a wayleave in place giving them permission? They should have but often don't. This may then give you some leverage, if of course the pole is serving more than just your property.

actually i am not paid to have this pole on my property. i have heard of this wayleave thing. id serves my neighbours but it goes underground from the point it leaves my property

Edited by mcduff

48 minutes ago, mcduff said:

actually i am not paid to have this pole on my property. i have heard of this wayleave thing. id serves my neighbours but it goes underground from the point it leaves my property

So theoretically you could just tell them to remove the pole from your property as there is no wayleave. Or offer to sign a wayelave if they move it to a less problematic location. 

• Like 1

Yep- check who has the way leave. If it is not you and there is one in place you may have much bigger problems in the sense you may be building on someone else's land or, more likely, the wayleave was not transferred with the property. Either way you have options to get the pole moved.  

the land has been in the family for years, i think they put this pole in 2009 and we dont have a way leave, theres nothing in the deeds as far as im aware or anything else.

the pole is on my land no doubt about it. 

so far ive been told that im responsible for the pole and i can get charged for damage to the equipment etc. something like that.

im now hoping i dont have a way leave

Dont know if this works but..

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/obtaining-wayleaves

"If you want to ask for a wayleave for external Openreach apparatus already on your land Fill in this form.  Please note that you'll only be entitled to payments if the Openreach equipment on your property provides service to someone other than you.  For example, your neighbour(s)."

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpgwayleaves/loadWayleaveForm