Planning conditions

Rustyhead

Hi hoping someone can explain to me in simple terms

Taken from my  planning notice

CONDITIONS THAT REQUIRE APPROVAL BEFORE THE DEVELOPMENT
COMMENCES (in bold)

two examples

4. Before the relevant parts of the work are commenced details soil and vent pipes,
waste pipes, rainwater goods, boiler flues and ventilation terminals, meter boxes,
exterior cabling and electrical fittings shall be submitted to and approved in writing by
the Local Planning Authority before the commencement of works. The development
shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details. 

Reason: To safeguard the architectural and historic interest and character of the
Heritage Asset.
5. Details of the roof construction including details of eaves, undercloaks ridges, valleys
and verges shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning
Authority before the development commences. The development shall be carried out
in complete accordance with the approved details. 

Reason: To safeguard the architectural and historic interest and character of the
Heritage Asset.

4  one seems to say before relevant parts of works

5 before any work

So do i take that as only 5 is a pre  commencement condition?

Yes I've emailed planning and they didn't answer the question directly, just a standard reply

not called rustyhead for nothing

please and thanks

6 minutes ago, Rustyhead said:

Hi hoping someone can explain to me in simple terms

Taken from my  planning notice

CONDITIONS THAT REQUIRE APPROVAL BEFORE THE DEVELOPMENT
COMMENCES (in bold)

two examples

4. Before the relevant parts of the work are commenced details soil and vent pipes,
waste pipes, rainwater goods, boiler flues and ventilation terminals, meter boxes,
exterior cabling and electrical fittings shall be submitted to and approved in writing by
the Local Planning Authority before the commencement of works. The development
shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details. 

Heritage Asset.
5. Details of the roof construction including details of eaves, undercloaks ridges, valleys
and verges shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning
Authority before the development commences. The development shall be carried out
in complete accordance with the approved details. 

Heritage Asset.

4  one seems to say before relevant parts of works

5 before any work

So do i take that as only 5 is a pre  commencement condition?

Yes I've emailed planning and they didn't answer the question directly, just a standard reply

not called rustyhead for nothing

please and thanks

Pretty much. 

Get a roof detail into them - that will let you start on site, then start detailing the externally mounted services etc. however, don't wait too long, given they want to see where more or less everything attached to your house is going to be, it could have an impact on boiler locations, soil pipes, all sorts, even ground works, which, if rejected could alter your plans significantly, so realistically, it might be time to sit down and detail it all up now.

They just want it to look nice basically.

Edited by Carrerahill
  • Like 1

I had precommencment conditions which got lost by the planning dept, I'm only just wading through them. 

The more you read and familiarise yourself the more it makes sense as some are interlinked. I don't know about Scotland, but in England you pay for the 'discharge of conditions', as it is called, for each submission ie if you lump three conditions together you only pay one fee, so for ten conditions you could, in theory pay £100 once or up to ten times. In the scheme of things it isn't a lot, so I've tried to get on with my planning officer and she has been very helpful, and I've made her life easier by being very clear about  all the info she wants with nice drawings, and ticked things off as they made sense to do so. 

If you look through older applications you will see some shockers and hence the reason they get annoyed. 

PS It can quite a few weeks before they grant approval, depending how many departments the documents have to pass round, so plan round it and get on with what you can in the meantime. 

Edited by Jilly

I've got a lot more conditions than those two, but I only think that one is a pre.

Do people do their own drawings or get a professional on board. I understand some will be easier to put together but things like landscaping plan. The planner that drew up said plans no longer works so its diy or find someone else.