Solvent weld boss onto underground type soil pipe

Carrerahill

I have a 110mm underground soil pipe (terracotta coloured) popup in my garage for the sink connection, 4 years ago when it was cast into the slab I left about 300mm above FFL and even left it with the socket so I could come along and just slide the required connection onto it. Well that was not going to work as that wall now will have kitchen cabinets along it, so the plan was, cut the soil pipe down to a 40mm stub, solvent weld a short boss on, screwed lid on the top and a 50mm waste pipe into a 50mm solvent weld boss which would run under the cabinets to the sink cabinet. All fairly straight forward...

Or not. I decided, luckily, to trial some solvent onto the underground pipe piece I cut off and try and solvent weld it to a piece of 50mm waste pipe the solvent won't touch the underground pipe. The solvent is good and fresh and working perfectly on the 50mm waste and 20mm uPVC conduit I am working with too.

I am tempted to use a tube of 2 part epoxy and just glue the boss to the stub. 

I am also having these thoughts:

1. Die grind the lip off the 50mm pipe boss so I can shove the 50mm waste pipe further into the boss than normal (not a major issue as I will never probably use the top connection) and stick a 90° bend on it inside the boss so that all flow is directed right down the pipe beyond the boss in case the resin fails.

2. Fit boss with resin then use a bead of silicone on the inside to seal the union and on the outside silicone again then haunch it with a 30-40mm mortar bed. 

It will just be a garage sink for washing hands and cleaning bits of car and things and I can rod the underground section from the rodable gulley in the centre of the garage floor - I am also using 50mm pipe for the enhanced foreign object handling and ease of snaking which will be possible via a Tee with an access point on the opposite side with the waste coming in the top - so all in all lots of provision for clear out.

Thoughts?

24 minutes ago, PeterW said:

@Carrerahill The McAlpine DC1 is your friend here .. only 42mm socket but you can cut down to ground. Used one for a replacement stack when someone went a bit heavy with the SDS...

https://mcalpineplumbing.com/plastic-chrome-fittings/drain-connectors-boss-connectors-roof-flashing/dc1-bl-boc-drain-connector-boss

22 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Both these options are good - the end cap with the connection in the end was my first option (in solvent weld variant) but I wanted one that day and the option I came up with was what could be done with Screwfix or Toolstation - as usual with me, desperate to get the bits, and now the job has stalled anyway so I could have waited for a delivery of what I really wanted.

Thank you both.