Wall hung WC frame within cupboard unit

Still trying to move forward with my parents shower room. My mum loves the idea of a wall hung toilet but she also wants a row of floor units.

The WC floor unit is 875mm to the top of the unit/underside of the worktop. So I wondered if there is any reason I  couldn't just fit a 820mm high toilet frame within the cupboard unit?

I saw on another post (Picking a toilet remotely) that the flush control system could be an issue as the toilet seat would rest against it. So does anyone know if a 820mm frame would come with a remote toilet flush control?

Cheers

Vijay

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

Can get a low flush unit with a top mounted flush that you put into the worktop. Looks nicer to me for the lower units as you don’t block the plate 

do you mean a wall hung unit? having the remote/top mounted button is what I'd be looking for

Found this https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/compact-dual-flush-concealed-wc-cistern-with-wall-hung-frame

Is it better trying to find a known make for them like Grohe or are they pretty much the same?

Found this one too https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/roca-duplo-wc-frame-for-under-window-installation-820mm

Edited by Vijay

'...So I wondered if there is any reason I  couldn't just fit a 820mm high toilet frame within the cupboard unit?...'

Vij.... don't put your mum's toilet in a cupboard! Stuff of nightmares that mate, nightmares.

Edited by ToughButterCup

On 24/03/2021 at 12:30, Vijay said:

The WC floor unit is 875mm to the top of the unit/underside of the worktop. So I wondered if there is any reason I  couldn't just fit a 820mm high toilet frame within the cupboard unit?

I doubt most units would  be strong enough on their own but if reinforced no problem. Under load the top tends to pull away from the wall and the bottom is pushed back towards the wall.  I think we have 2*4 fixed to the brick wall and 10mm threaded rod from that to holes at the top of the frame. Nuts either side allowed it to be adjusted so its vertical. Timbers were added immediately left and right of the metal frame so Hardi backerboard could be screwed to form boxing. Later tiled before fitting the WC.

Think the Geberit frames are 50cm wide so can be fitted in a 60cm wide base unit. Would have to be units without a setback toe board.

Edited by Temp

I never thought that I could just fix anything to the actual cupboard units, that was just meant to cover everything ;)  

The wall unit is 307 deep so I was planning to do exactly what you've said, fix a timber frame to the wall for the toilet frame to fix to, to bring it out to the front of the cupboard unit.

The only cupboard unit my Mum likes does have the setbacked toeboard, but I'm sure I will be able to bring that part out where the toilet area is (and leave the other units toeboards set back). I'm sure there's a solution there..........................

I have hit a small issue that you've given me a possible nice solution to. The toilet cupboard unit may not be available anymore, so it might be a nice feature to as you did and frame then tile it.

• Like 1