Radiator under a consumer unit - bad design?

Is bad form to position a wet radiator on a wall under a consumer unit? My concern is that the radiator could warm up the whole consumer unit and what might then happen when the house is at full load with say 80 amps running through the CU?

This is a new build question. The CU will be partially or fully recessed in a masonry wall at regulation height, all circuits will run upwards to the ceiling void. I have not decided yet on ASHP or gas heating hence I will need to assume the wet radiator is running at 60 degrees.  

Is the CU in place yet?  If not I might suggest it is in the wrong place.  Ours is above the worktop in the utility room which makes a great deal more sense than just in the middle of an otherwise bare wall.

Chances are you will want to run some cables down from a CU and do you really trust the plumber to know about safe zones when drilling the brackets for the ratiator?

33 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Nope no issues with that other than one of having the potential for cables not being able to go downward due to rad fixings etc. 

The meter tail comes down from the ceiling and the fused circuits head upwards as well, in fact this creates a bit of a routing problem previously discussed here.

The CU will be one of these fancy Hager recess mount jobbies that have a metal inset, I suppose the proximity of this to the masonry block wall will act as a useful heatsink for the CU internals and counteract convection heat wafting up from the radiator. 

37 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Is the CU in place yet?  If not I might suggest it is in the wrong place.  Ours is above the worktop in the utility room which makes a great deal more sense than just in the middle of an otherwise bare wall.

Just a temporary garage CU fed from a meter tail that runs back 4m to the cavity wall meterbox. I had to decide on the inbound DNO cable route at the start of my build when I had much less knowledge.

My brickie created a 40mm deep recess at the current CU location using concrete coursing bricks on their side and this is large enough for the Harger CU I want. In retrospect the kitchen would have been a better location and on average the major high amp circuits would have been 3m shorter. The longest high amp circuit (cooker) will be 9m horizontally so not a disaster.

Two years ago I was reading the CU accessibility regs too literally and thought a wheelchair bound householder had to be able to manouver right up to the CU.