Change of windows

Ktelobb

Hi, we have started building our house and realised that when the architect drew a drainpipe on the back of the house it was originally going to drain into a gutter sitting behind a Brise Soleil attached To the Back wall. We then decided to not put the Brise Soleil on until we lived in the house for a while to see wether we need it. On removing the Brise Soleil from the plan the architect ‘forgot’ to find a new place for the drainpipe that was to take rainwater off that section of the roof. Anyway we’ve been backwards and forwards with ideas of how to remove the drainpipe and relocate and came up with a plan to make the dormer wider and therefore the windows also. My question is, Do we need to go back to planning with this, these windows are on the back of the house And not facing any neighbours. Or can we go ahead with the change.

picture 1 is the original plan, picture 2 the new plan.

thanks 

2019_1320_FUL-Proposed_rear-3120373.pdf A-621-R08sk04.pdf

Looks like a material change so planning will need to be informed and grant the change, as you are using an architect, very sensible in my view, you will need to pay additional fee for the use of an agent for planning IIRC, assuming they processed the original application.

You've pretty much got to go back to planning with your changes. The question is whether your local PD will consider the changes material or non-material. I've been successful getting changes to windows through as non-material amendments which makes life easier and cheaper and you can do it very easily yourself. The only problem is that it is your local planning department who decides whether what you're asking is material, minor material, or non-material. Helpfully my local PD had a clear policy online I could use, but it's worth giving them a call if there's nothing available online for you.