Recommend Source for pv equipment ?

Barryscotland

Hi looking for a source for a 3.6kw in roof solar kit. Found a few on eBay and internet that are reasonably priced but looking for a name that’s known to be good. It’s not so much the panels giving up the ghost I’m worried about it’s more my roof leaking I’d like to avoid 

13 hours ago, Barryscotland said:

in roof

So a new roof going on?

13 hours ago, Barryscotland said:

it’s more my roof leaking I’d like to avoid 

Job will be as good as the person undertaking it. The in-roof systems are very robust indeed, and the only ones I've ever heard of that leaked, were down to installer error.

12 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

First two questions.

Are you going roof integrated or bolt on?

What is the roof covering?

Its an integrated system and its a slate roof. We have a velux either end of the roof and some of the systems we have looked at the velux can fit into the panel frame so for the prices we are seeing we are considering doing the full roof length including the velux's in the solar panel frame as price wise its not that much dearer. The concern is there is cheap chinese products everywhere and would like to no the system we go for is tried and tested.

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

So a new roof going on?

Job will be as good as the person undertaking it. The in-roof systems are very robust indeed, and the only ones I've ever heard of that leaked, were down to installer error.

It's a new build. Can you recommend a tried and tested make or system to go for?

Edited by Barryscotland

I think GSE make a system in conjunction with Velux.  A few people on here have used the GSE system and not heard any complaints.

Most PV modules will come from China, and quite often 'EU and USA' branded products are made there.

We used to supply Axitec modules (German), but the rep told us that they are produced globally.  I think this is stated on the companies website.