Plant Room - Understairs?

Conor

Trying to figure our best location of our basement plant room. Originally was to be in the corner of the basement but we now want to use that space as an office. 

I'm hoping I can fit it - 300l cylinder, 60l buffer, UFH manifold and MVHR (tho this position is 2m or more from the external wall- so may locate separately) in the space under the stairs - basically a big cupboard with 2m bifolding door. Full head height area is approx 2m x 1m, with another 1m+ under the stairs that would not be of much use. Leaves the hallway approx  1.6m wide at the stairs - more than enough for a basement. There is a waste pipe for condensate nearby.

Thoughts?

Plant Room Plan.JPG

Plant Room 2.png

Basement for context. Red paved courtyard is is at basement level, rest of walls are below ground.

LGF.thumb.JPG.c0a95697214b1640aa188a74065c8a44.JPG

Edited by Conor

you can specify location of connections on cylinder to make it easier to install.

please ensure there is some plywood on the wall or behind the plasterboard, makes fixing equipment pipe supports a doddle and the install easier. 

@Conor  can’t quite work out where your MVHR Intake and Exhaust, Supply and Extract ducts would go. What’s above the MVHR unit if it were in that position? A landing?

Would all the required plumbing for the 300lt cylinder fit under the stair treads?

2 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Loads of space. If the buffer is only 60 litres then you could even wall mount it. 

You could also switch the layout and get the buffer under the stairs - would give you more room ..?? 

Was thinking that but the service void to the ground floor is basically at the corner of the cinema room/cold room/stairs walls - wanting to keep the pipe runs as short as possible for hot water. Actually, i could just run the 22mm pipe from the cylinder and have the hot water manifold further under the stairs?

3 minutes ago, Russdl said:

@Conor  can’t quite work out where your MVHR Intake and Exhaust, Supply and Extract ducts would go. What’s above the MVHR unit if it were in that position? A landing?

Would all the required plumbing for the 300lt cylinder fit under the stair treads?

MVHR vents are meant to be on the wall at end of hallway by the rear door. But I'm not thinking about locating the MVHR in the play room and have the vents directly though that wall instead - could get better spacing there as well. OR even on the eastern wall by the ASHP - vents would have to be just above ground level tho.

I'm planning on a pre-plummed cylinder if that helps? ASHP is only heating source in the house.