Verifying U-Value quoted by suppliers

Andy H

2 minutes ago, Andy H said:

Is there a way to verify or get some reassurance about U-Values quoted by suppliers?

Thanks Andy

They should be able to give you the calculations that back up the value fairly easily.

What build up are you concerned about?

13 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

They should be able to give you the calculations that back up the value fairly easily.

What build up are you concerned about?

At the moment its windows. I'm getting quite a different range of values for triple glazed windows from a range of different companies.

I'm going to be building using ICF and the U-Values are very similar between suppliers for the same thickness of EPS so I feel confident with ICF block U-Value quotes.

In the case of the windows I am less confident - do they have to get certification from an independent 3rd party and are there specific factors that contribute to a lower U-Value that I can see if they are features of the lower U-Value windows to get comfort?

Andy

8 hours ago, Andy H said:

Is there a way to verify or get some reassurance about U-Values quoted by suppliers?

Thanks Andy

I attended a windows webinar today run by NSBRC. Apparently the calculation of U-Values is to be done in accordance with BS EN 410: 2011