Sourcing 70mmx3.75 aluminium nails

dangti6

Redland suggest I require 70mm x 3.75 aluminium nails for the tiles I will be using.

These appear tricky to get hold of, presumably not a standard size also. Websites I have found are either out of stock or chuck the default £100+ Redland delivery charge on. Tried a couple of merchants and the roofing supplier where I ordered the tiles and they offered a 3.35mm thick version. What’s a gnats todger between friends? 

Going against Redlands specification is the sort of thing that would keep me up of a windy night ?

Anyone care to rub my back and tell me it will be ok or point me to a supplier I haven’t come across?

Makes you wonder whether it’s to entice people to buy a bag of Redland branded nails.

I found a document online somewhere previously, can’t put my finger on it now but have it on file somewhere which made reference a British Standard and how often they should be nailed. Recall mention of clips also.

The tiles are Redland Grovebury interlocking tiles. 

Will take guidance on nailing every tile and do that for belt and braces.

25 minutes ago, dangti6 said:

Makes you wonder whether it’s to entice people to buy a bag of Redland branded nails.

I found a document online somewhere previously, can’t put my finger on it now but have it on file somewhere which made reference a British Standard and how often they should be nailed. Recall mention of clips also.

The tiles are Redland Grovebury interlocking tiles. 

Will take guidance on nailing every tile and do that for belt and braces.

Every third row and top two/bottom two from memory. Every one on the last two at the verges. 

• Like 1