trade accounts

On 21/01/2021 at 19:53, eandg said:

How do physical merchants (with/without trade pricing) compare to online for pricing? Looking at my budget spreadsheet I have Roofing Outlet and Insulation Superstore identified as cheapest for wall insulation and sound insulation, respectively, after a wee trawl of publicly available pricing. Are your merchants with their hidden/discounted costs likely to come in cheaper? 

I have a fairly large scale M&E company. 

The merchants to online suppliers will vary, even spending as much as we do sometimes you will see online prices slightly cheaper for the odd thing. 

I think the key with the merchants is about forming a relationship and understanding the value that this relationship can bring, especially with the independents. I would suggest speaking to your local merchant and asking to speak with the rep about a project you have coming up. Get them involved and get them to help with the sourcing or products and options they have a wealth of knowledge on products alternatives and relationships with the manufacturers. I know if i call an online company for a favour because i missed off a bit of stuff or ordered the wrong item its going to be a hassle i know if i pick up the phone to my local rep he is going to make it happen as we have a relationship. 

Stay safe . 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

I flew back from Australia, 1st Class to KL, then Business Class to London.

Managed to sleep for a fair slice of it, so in wasted a lot of it.

Business? Sod slumming it! ?

I was the only passenger in 1st Class coming back from NZ one time on Emirates. It was Hell! 

• 1 month later...
On 20/01/2021 at 20:26, JFDIY said:

The wickes one is worth doing (assuming they have a branch near you) 10% off for making up a letterhead and business card for Joe blogs home improvements.

Surprising how competitive they are on some things and how handy out of hours so might as well get a bit off. They're owned by Travis Perkins yet offer better than TP's price on some things.

Are you still able to claim VAT back at the end of the self build if the invoices were made out to Joe Bloggs home improvements?