Steel Garage Frame - Deal or No Deal?

hmpmarketing

Hey guys,

Im thinking about challenging myself and do some of the work for my garage. I have 0% experience in building stuff (I am programmer: I can build you software not hardware!).

Chasing timber frame providers at the moment to provide me the structure delivered and assembled. I will then work my way adding roof, tiles , insulation cladding, render etc.....

So I came upon this Yorkshire based company that can provide you the whole structure in steel (8m X 6m):

Double_Garage.jpg.d9253cdf3dd8717df0e97330d8ce9a35.jpg

Quote price for the whole structure delivered and assembled: £8k (mind you Im in the south)

What you guys think?

Edited by hmpmarketing

17 minutes ago, hmpmarketing said:

Hey guys,

Im thinking about challenging myself and do some of the work for my garage. I have 0% experience in building stuff (I am programmer: I can build you software not hardware!).

Chasing timber frame providers at the moment to provide me the structure delivered and assembled. I will then work my way adding roof, tiles , insulation cladding, render etc.....

So I came upon this Yorkshire based company that can provide you the whole structure in steel (8m X 6m):

Double_Garage.jpg.d9253cdf3dd8717df0e97330d8ce9a35.jpg

Quote price for the whole structure delivered and assembled: £8k (mind you Im in the south)

What you guys think?

Can you message me the name of the company please? I'm interested in this! 

7 hours ago, Triassic said:

Is that the finished price, erected, clad, rendered, roofed etc?

Structure only

1 hour ago, Tennentslager said:

Top of my head buy 4*2 frame stick built, covered in OSB for that size will be around £3k for material.

The metal might need an OSB lining and cladding on top of this price...and you will have to have the base pre built.

Go timber I say

Got a quote for a Timber frame too, one locally, they wanted £9.9k for the structure, delivered and assembled!