washing machine stand pipe

amavadia

I am fitting a kitchen at the moment and have a run of units and then a washing machine at the end on the right. I have a waste pipe running low down along the back/bottom of units and was going to put a stand pipe in for the washing machine however the unit adjacent is a drawer unit. The standpipe fits in the service gap behind it but if I put it there, there is no access to it afterwards if there are blockages.

What do people normally do in this situation? The back of the drawer unit is just this flimsy board which is slotted into the groove on the sides of the unit which could easily be cut out in the worst scenario but its not easily accessible. Any suggestions?

I looked at the size of integrated washing machines and there just doesn't seem enough space to put the standpipe behind it. I already have my standard 600mm worktops so wider worktops is not an option.

The back panel of the drawer unit is to give it rigidity.  But if it is adjacent to and fixed to other units, you could remove it completely.  That would give you access to the standpipe simply by removing all the drawers from the unit.

Unlike a cupboard unit, you don't need the back panel to make the unit look nice on the inside because you never see the back.

Put the water feed and 13A socket there as well, but you want an isolating valve in an accessible place to shut off the water so I would put an isolating valve in the back of the sink unit clearly labelled so it is easy to shut off the water in a hurry.

Thats what I was thinking. I might cut out some of the back panel in the section where the standpipe is and just tape it back onto the back panel. Ive already put a socket under the drawer unit which can be reached by just removing the plinth and theres an isolating switch above counter top level. Water isolation valve is there under the unit too. It is just the standpipe which would have to go actually behind the unit.