Our plumbing saga.... Advice please.

canalsiderenovation

3 minutes ago, joe90 said:

All the above makes sense, but I still can’t work out what that random vertical copper pipe is for that the valve is balanced on?

Exactly that... just something to balance it on to take the weight... I’m guessing if poked it would all fall over. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Exactly that... just something to balance it on to take the weight... I’m guessing if poked it would all fall over. 

Yes definitely, we did express concern with it as did our builder as there are plug sockets/electrics in there and the plumber just shrugged his shoulders and said it's as good as it gets.

22 hours ago, ProDave said:

Gently pull the house out of the tap, I am willing to bet if you look under the sink unit you will see that hose with a bulb rising up as you pull the tap hose down, and I am also willing to bet due to the shambolic install, there is not enough free hose, or it is jaming on something which is restricting its travel.

Tested this today, you're right @ProDave

I'm going to pay part of the bill but less £400 meaning we still owe the £600 plus the £400 I'm going to take off the current bill. I think the £1000 should be enough for him to return to address the snags.

Edited by canalsiderenovation
  • Thanks 1