Leaking roof

Linto

So after it not stopping raining for what feels like a month the roof has started to leak.

It's not a massive leak and not all the time its raining but it appears after a prolonged period. 

Looking in the loft the water looks to be running down a rafter after coming through the tar paper at a nail hole, se the 2 areas highlighted in the photo.

I can't see any obvious broken/loose tiles but the leak is a little below and to the side of a velux window. 

So how do I go about identifying where exactly it's coming through and what to do to fix it?

To say this is a bit annoying is an understatement as the roof is getting replaced when we do the loft conversion so if I can avoid expensive repairs that will only be getting ripped out a few months later I'd like to hear about how to do it!

Cheers

IMG_20201219_130158~2.jpg

IMG_20201219_130506~2.jpg

Can you show a much closer view of the velux window and it's flashing?

I suspect the tiles at the sides are too far away from the window, and missing the first rain barrier, and in heavy rain some is getting under, running down the felt and finding your nail hole.

You can see from that photo that the tiles don’t come over the edge of the flashing properly so it’s basically coming in that way. 

If it’s all coming off then get a tube of gutter sealant and smear onto the nail hole as it will stick to anything including wet surfaces.