Internorm 'night vent' what is it?

readiescards

We have Internorm triple glazed HF210 windows.  Some have a little hard to get out lock and some don't, yet the order shows 'Night Vent' on most windows.  Trouble is the manual does not state what 'Night Vent' is.  

Is the Internorm Night Vent this silly impossible to access lock?

Thanks

2017-01-21 14.19.31.jpg

Thanks. I'm thinking likewise as I suspect it effectively stops the window opening inwards as a little bolt shoots upwards. Impossible to test as can't operate the dam thing as the window frame gets in the way. 

Is this the thing internorm call a 'night vent' though?

13 minutes ago, readiescards said:

Is this the thing internorm call a 'night vent' though?

I've just checked my ecoHaus/Internorm order and it was recorded under Accessories as "with turn lock".

But it could be referred to as a night vent, I guess - since it makes the window more secure when left tilted open,

26 minutes ago, readiescards said:

Impossible to test as can't operate the dam thing as the window frame gets in the way. 

That's a bit worrying though. Is that the same for all windows where it's fitted?

Ours are HF310, and the turn lock can be operated when the window is closed. 

Edited by IanR

7 hours ago, IanR said:

That's a bit worrying though. Is that the same for all windows where it's fitted?

Ours are HF310, and the turn lock can be operated when the window is closed. 

Yes same for all the windows (our window cills have ended up being quite tight to the window opening frame - though even if that gap was larger I can't see how the key can be turned)

Any chance of a photo of your HF310 equivalent please?

(We are in-touch with our Internom supplier but knowing what others have and if it works would be very useful)

• 1 month later...

Had the supplier come out and 'adjust' the window sashes so that the night vent lock can be used. Now a couple of windows don't shut until much jiggly about and then I 'un-adjusted' the window  - now they shut but don't lock. Argh.