External sheathing

Confused as normal, so doing some research as normal and all I keep reading about is breathable outer layers so moisture can escape outwards, makes sense to me. 

So why am I watching lots of install vids on products where they are taping the joints on the exterior racking sheeting boards? 

Most of the vids are American so I am careful to consider the climate difference between the two countries, it's no good watching them in Texas as compared with sunny Cirencester. 

But I also see them applying a stick on rain screen house wraps that are all produced by European companies. 

I like the idea of having a complete skin over the roofs and walls, but how does it all breath? I intend having a full MVHR system will it breath to the inside or have I got myself all muddled up again. 

Cheers russ. 

Sounds like it. You want to keep the wind from getting into your insulated shell and carrying away heat. The gap between a couple of sheets of OSB might not look like much but a strong wind will fairly whistle through that- I know because I have this issue at the moment myself on a few places.