Non-opening roof lights

MortarThePoint

We have a loggia/veranda along part of the rear elevation and there is a window in the wall below it (pictured below). We would like to have a roof light in the loggia roof, but there is no point in it being opennable or double glazed. Can anyone recommend windows that would work well here?

Separately, we want to add some non-opening roof lights to the attic space. We would want these to be double glazed, but without the opening mechanism I'd hope we could have a greater glazed area as well as save some money.

image.png.c213ff6ab4c68e6d8b2aa3ede40c682f.png

1 minute ago, tonyshouse said:

Has it been designed to introduce shading in the summer? 

if it was mine and I wanted more  light in just fit a piece of glass instead of tiles, glass tiles are sometimes available , don’t use lead near glass 

How do you seal around that without a frame and flashing?

7 hours ago, MortarThePoint said:

Separately, we want to add some non-opening roof lights to the attic space. We would want these to be double glazed, but without the opening mechanism I'd hope we could have a greater glazed area as well as save some money.

That will be a change to planning so you will probably need to apply for a non material amendment. 

Some time ago dad made some replica roof tiles out of translucent tinted fibreglass, and put the, in to give Incidental light in a dark attic.

These were in a slate roof. After a time they were really quite discreet.

The things that matter are probably tint and surface texture.

F

• Like 1

For where to go, ask your local double glazing manufacturer / fitter - they are everywhere - or find a local little man glass-cutter and ask him.

Or if you are rolling your own, then look to conservatory materials' suppliers.

If you are being really cheapskate, then look at secondhand or spare shower screens ... again edgings etc are available, Andy they tend t9 be easy-clean. May have potential.

F

• Thanks 1

Yes, on top are glazing bars with 3g units, toughened on top laminated under.  Think ali soakers upside down and thin upstand over an end cap upside down in the end glazing channel, nothing at the top, possibly butyl foam to stop wind driven rain, ain’t leaked yet and 15+ yrs old and step on bottom of units 75mm 

• Thanks 1