EPC/SAP unfinished new build

On 01/11/2020 at 12:58, pocster said:

My ASHP installer has said I need an EPC/SAP calculation to qualify for the RHI soon.

As the builds not complete I assume I can't get a 'full' EPC?

Before the build began the architect made me get a SAP calculation off the plans. I have this document.

I'm confused by this too. As I understand it we need an EPC for the RHI. All the stuff will be arriving next week and the final sign off by the energy RHI company is scheduled for 7 December. We did have a SAP done for building regs compliance which puts us 70 C (no idea what this is) but do we have to get an EPC done as well for the RHI. It seems any info I can see for claiming RHI asks for an EPC not a SAP ?

1 minute ago, canalsiderenovation said:

I'm confused by this too. As I understand it we need an EPC for the RHI. All the stuff will be arriving next week and the final sign off by the energy RHI company is scheduled for 7 December. We did have a SAP done for building regs compliance which puts us 70 C (no idea what this is) but do we have to get an EPC done as well for the RHI. It seems any info I can see for claiming RHI asks for an EPC not a SAP ?

Sorry to add to the confusion.

The company that did my sap replied

"Yes, providing you can supply all the information and the Air Pressure test passes then yes I can issue the As Built SAP and EPC. "

46 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

I'll get hold of the woman who did our SAP and see what she says. 

Yours is different as it is a conversion/extension not a new build, so doesn’t need an air test. EPC should be pretty easy to get for a conversion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've had off-plans SAP done early on, together with provisional EPCs and water consumption calculations.

During the build some things changed.

I went back to the SAP guys, they sent me a questionnaire (very very detailed) where I put in all the fine specs of the newly installed/changed items (eg water softeners, different bath / washlets / MVHR / Solar PVs with exact capacity, etc etc etc). 

Then they sent in the air test guy who did the test and said we are within the initially planned parameters.

Next day the SAP guys issued the as-built SAPs, the new realistic EPCs (even higher than we thought!) and new water calcs based on the exact items installed.

Am now putting together a huge pile of stuff to send off to BCO... Good luck to me...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PeterW said:

Yours is different as it is a conversion/extension not a new build, so doesn’t need an air test. EPC should be pretty easy to get for a conversion. 

I've had an update;

Many thanks for the email, I have checked our file and I have only undertaken a SAP Comparison to satisfy the excessive glazing requirements for Part L1B of the Building Regulations 2013.

This SAP calculation provided does not provide an EPC, as the calculation was based on an existing property with the extension and not a new build/conversion.

I would advise that you contact a local Energy Assessor (Existing Property Assessor).

So, I presume I've got to have a new EPC. At what stage can I get one done?