DIY cupboard doors.

Alexphd1

Scratching my head a bit on doors for a eave cupboard. Approx 8m long 1.3m high. First plan was bedroom sliding doors cut down by a company then installed by us but I didnt like the quality/style of anything I have seen. 

2nd thoughts would be diy MDF doors ourselves. I like the idea of copying the J grip on a handless kitchen door and painted in a gloss. These doors will be visible in public areas so need to be finished good.

I dont have much experience with fine wood working but got almost all the tools would only need a few router bits and possibly a dust extraction set up on router. Also got a paint sprayer for painting. 

Any big problems in my idea?

We have doors from JB Kind  similar to these but not in oak..

https://www.building-supplies-online.co.uk/doors/jb-kind/oak-cottage/jb-kind-oak-cottage-thames-original-pre-finished-internal-doorjbkint138.html

Our carpenter was able to work magic and cut them apart and rebuild them to make about 8 or 9 non standard height doors. Look like came that way.

PS I note yours would be somewhat shorter than ours so the header and footer may look out of proportion if cut down that much?

Edited by Temp

31 minutes ago, Alexphd1 said:

I like the idea of copying the J grip on a handless kitchen door and painted in a gloss. 

This sort of thing? They come in 1245 H and various widths. 

https://www.kitchendooroutlet.co.uk/kitchen-doors/expressions-handleless-stone-grey/115-396/?gclid=CjwKCAjw_sn8BRBrEiwAnUGJDoLLjIre9f2da1bAJJ_UwRHrjzCT-_hTStZ932DnvBMJn1m999_5_xoCXXIQAvD_BwE

@Temp  I have seen that style of door cut down very successfully before but that doesn't fit in with the overall look unfortunately. Good link with the kitchendooroutlet bang on what I am questioning to make myself.