Water flow sensor

Pocster

Googled this but couldn’t find anything .

I thought it would be really good to trigger my Mvhr to boost on water flowing for certain items .

So a ‘device’ clamped on the shower feed Hep2o pipes , or maybe on the toilet feed . So when in use I can trigger a relay to boost mvhr . I know I could go off motion but I’m trying to be more specific- as I have a manifold of manifolds it makes access easier .

7 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

There are ultrasonic sensors that are non-invasive for water pipes.

https://www.omega.co.uk/prodinfo/ultrasonic-flow-meters.html

Look for something cheaper though.

You may find that a couple of temperature sensors set up differential may work.

Perfect! Until I saw the price !!

I suppose an inline Hep2o one would be nice and cheaper !!

Shall investigate ! . I reckon it’s the type of thing @Onoff would love to make .... ?

Found some on eBay for £10

Certainly not clear exactly how they work - I presume it’s just a relay . Stick a current down it and if there’s flow ;circuit is complete ... . Worth a look at later - then I can bill SWMBO when she fills the bath up !

Just now, pocster said:

Found some on eBay for £10

Certainly not clear exactly how they work - I presume it’s just a relay . Stick a current down it and if there’s flow ;circuit is complete ... . Worth a look at later - then I can bill SWMBO when she fills the bath up !

Put the link up

22 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Why not use a RH sensor in the extract duct like most do.

There’s a sensor on the mvhr . As I haven’t used it yet I was concerned how long it takes before it activates . Just thinking ahead ?

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Googled this but couldn’t find anything .

I thought it would be really good to trigger my Mvhr to boost on water flowing for certain items .

So a ‘device’ clamped on the shower feed Hep2o pipes , or maybe on the toilet feed . So when in use I can trigger a relay to boost mvhr . I know I could go off motion but I’m trying to be more specific- as I have a manifold of manifolds it makes access easier .

I think it was a couple of years ago I was mulling a flow switch placed in line to the rainfall shower head. It would trigger a ring of LEDs set in a circular pattern around the shower head...maybe in a like Knightrider sequence. To get the full effect I need the noise from the Stargate transporter rings.

https://youtu.be/eXc36FwY4zQ

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

I think it was a couple of years ago I was mulling a flow switch placed in line to the rainfall shower head. It would trigger a ring of LEDs set in a circular pattern around the shower head...maybe in a like Knightrider sequence. To get the full effect I need the noise from the Stargate transporter rings.

https://youtu.be/eXc36FwY4zQ

And why didn’t you do that ? ?

1 minute ago, pocster said:

And why didn’t you do that ? ?

Other people thought is was a silly idea, along with the rise and fall shower head.

As your mate said "The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Other people thought is was a silly idea, along with the rise and fall shower head.

As your mate said "The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do".

Then stop fecking about and do it this weekend ?

1 hour ago, pocster said:

There’s a sensor on the mvhr . As I haven’t used it yet I was concerned how long it takes before it activates .

if I jump in the shower mine comes on within two minutes, only problem is the ambient RH sometimes confuses it, @Jeremy Harris said he adjusted his winter to summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

Put in some really powerful UV LEDs, that will kill all the germs.

And like all boys in the shower, spending too long in there 'washing', will make you blind.

Like the bottoms of milk bottles my glasses!