Spotlights in vaulted ceiling

Gem77

Hi

Can anyone give any opinions on whether spotlights work on a vaulted ceilings seeing as they are at an angle?

We are being steered away from them as they make the air test difficult.

One suggestion is that we have the top part of the vault flat so we can run spotlights down the middle but I wasn't sure this would work from a lighting perspective and would look a bit like a runway?

Got any beams crossing the vaulted ceiling?  If you put spots on the sloping ceiling you will get a lot of glare (light going direct from spot to eye). Consider uplighters (or spots pointing up) on beams or high up on walls so they bounce light off the opposite slope. Alternatively look at hanging lamps or combination of both..

ultra-warm-strip-lv2-500.jpg

vaulted-ceiling-lights-photo-8.gif

Interior Vaulted Ceiling Track Lighting Home Home Vaulted Lighting - Home  Design Decoration

• Like 3

Spotlights in a vaulted ceiling (or any ceiling) should not make the air test "difficult"

You should be aiming for a sealed air tight layer, then a battened service void inside that before the plasterboard so your lights do not penetrate the air tight layer.

You can get downlights that swivel, I fitted some nice square ones on a job recently (sory no pictures) or how about surface mount single spots that can swivel any direction?

• Like 1

Following with interest. I have a very good idea for adding led strips in steps pointing up the way in the vault in mine. 

I have attached the sketch I made in my onenote...when the idea occurred to me..late at night after drinking excessive  amounts of wine. 

Thata a vaulted roof. One side showing the steps which would be hidden from view below but light up the roof further uo. Done with plaster in profile's.  I'll make a proper drawing in autocad soon. 

Similar idea to temps middle pic above. 

Screenshot_20201002-001300_OneNote.jpg

• Like 2