Sag in ridge board

chriz1

so I'm about to embark on my roof retile this week. 

I have a sag in the ridge, from the attic I have ridge baord and my understanding is that I havea ridge baord which doesn't provide any structural support and just a baord for the rafters to nail to. 

When looking along my ridge board inside I can see it has sagged at the join probably only by half an inch (2 seprate boards join in middle. But also the board looks like it has sag in itself.

Can I jack this up when all tiles are removed and Add some vertical suports along its length to improve the ridge level ? 

The doesnt appear to be any sign of rafter movement or cracks to suggest anything more serious.

IMG-20190228-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20190228-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20190228-WA0003.jpg

No, when you say retile, was it tiles before or slates? 

the ridge will have gone in straight and roof settled a tad, purlins look good, I would add a single bolted collar on top of the purlin above the prop/hanger if it was my roof and live with the sag. It is possible to straighten the sag by disconnecting rafters at the ridge while coverings are off and introducing perfect size shim packers to realign it, not for me though, too much hassle for too little gain. 

• Thanks 1