Basement Groundworks Contractors

Internet Know How

Hey,

I am looking at starting a build early new year and the 200sqm footprint will start below ground.

- Looking for someone in the merseyside / north west area who can dig out

- Ground is 100% sand, so will be disposing of this for free with a local firm. 

- I will need someone to then lay the slab and walls below ground, and then form the ground floor level ready for the bricklayers to come in

Can anyone recommend a decent firm?

Have you done a basement dig previously and how was such a job priced / what did it cost to just get to ground level

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

Your price will vary on the complexity of the design. A simple square will be cheaper than something that has more corners/angles.  Insurance companies require you to have 2 water proof systems in place eg. Voltex along with caltite cementaid. So depending on how labour intensive the systems specified are and the cost of the materials, that can add a degree of variability to the cost. Do you have any drawings of the proposed basement yet?

Kind regards,

Robert

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/09/2020 at 17:04, Rmawdsley said:

Hi Chris,

Your price will vary on the complexity of the design. A simple square will be cheaper than something that has more corners/angles.  Insurance companies require you to have 2 water proof systems in place eg. Voltex along with caltite cementaid. So depending on how labour intensive the systems specified are and the cost of the materials, that can add a degree of variability to the cost. Do you have any drawings of the proposed basement yet?

Kind regards,

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply. This is the proposed shape, and if only it was a true rectangle it would help. I was reading the other day that under the warranty cover, I would be looking at following a certain type of waterproofing system. I noted type A,B,C with type C being the preferred method. This is 62 linear meters, sat on a 230sqm slab actually. Walls will be 2.8m high. Overall there will be 140m3 of concrete.poyda3.jpg