DPM Around Duct Through Slab

Onoff

Never really considered it an issue before but the DPM around a duct where it comes up through a concrete slab?

I am, only because of this place where I see people taping their ducts to their DPMs BEFORE pouring their slab.

In my situation I've just cored through the corner of my garage floor slab, through the footing bricks and then the mass concrete footings. 65mm dia in excess of 600mm I think.

I first drilled just off vertical (there was a good reason), penetrated the DPM then decided to go at more of an angle when it dawned on me these are proper metre deep footings rather than the 250mm 'ish the house sits on in part. Drilling through the house slab when I did my water main was a breeze compared to this!

So hole cored and a 63mm dia duct to come up through it. 

I guess the missing bit of DPM is around 65mm dia and 150mm long. 

What should I 'fill' it up with in there? Maybe an SBR heavy slurry?

IMG_20200821_112706200.thumb.jpg.89aa9bbcce140688cdff22f262d972d2.jpg

Hole top right is the one on the angle that goes all the way through. Lower one on the left is the abandoned hole now filled with drilling slurry. You can just see bits of the torn DPM:

IMG_20200821_112742560.thumb.jpg.9830917403e02eae45976fc3bd0ed530.jpg

Jules Verne would be proud!

IMG_20200820_174833157.thumb.jpg.16b377be8b0f802dffce84ec2aa1fa12.jpg

Or am I destined to forever have a damp spot in this corner?

Cheers

I wouldn’t worry - this is a garage and you won’t get damp through there as long as there is place for water to flow downward. Cable in, squash some foam insulation round it about 4” down then top it with concrete and you’re done. 

• Thanks 1