Slate roof - clipped end slates

Bozza

6 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

The main contractor should have got you to approve the works first before striking the scaffold.

To me, the broken tile needs attention and the rest is fine, although they could trim the ridge tile 30mm.

Absolutely, and that could be a very expensive error on their part if they have to put it up again.

10 minutes ago, makie said:

They would use a roof ladder to get that ridge and slate

Yes they will and it is far more risky than scaffold, which was already erected.

I can't see them wanting to strip the roof to replace the clipped verge tiles without scaffold, although I doubt they would do it anyway without charging £££ extra.

14 minutes ago, makie said:

They would use a roof ladder to get that ridge and slate

But not stripping back the tiles to replace the clipped ones surely, If we decide to do that, I thought that would require scaffolding.  Looking at my roof Makie is that a big / expensive job (couple of days work?) to replace those clipped ones properly like you said to expose them to double nail them etc.  Just wondered.  House pic is on my profile page thingy.   

Edited by Bozza

18 hours ago, Bozza said:

But not stripping back the tiles to replace the clipped ones surely, If we decide to do that, I thought that would require scaffolding.  Looking at my roof Makie is that a big / expensive job (couple of days work?) to replace those clipped ones properly like you said to expose them to double nail them etc.  Just wondered.  House pic is on my profile page thingy.   

Depends on how many workers really.

It would probably be 2 days each verge.

37 minutes ago, makie said:

Depends on how many workers really.

It would probably be 2 days each verge.

Ta.  Literally just had my PM messaging me that they’re going to take care of anything.  Good company.

• Like 1