Thanks to the "sixteen"

ragg987

Hello all, I am pleased that we now have a new place to exchange ideas. Thanks very much to the sixteen.

As an update, our build in Aylesbury is now watertight and we are progressing first fix, landscaping and on to the rest. Big day tomorrow - screed is poured, this is the last key aspect that (once dry) enables finishing works internally.

Rajive

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bitpipe said:

The best questions come well before you're ready and the most urgent after you're ready :)

Surely depends on what you know or can anticipate - as per Rumsfiled, some of this is in "unknown unkowns" for me (build newbie). Learning fast.

That's exactly my conclusion, every time I've had an issue it's been the "unknown unknowns" that have caught me out.  Our borehole saga is the classic, well over a year trying to find the cause of the problem based on assumptions that the spec we'd been given (and paid for) was accurate, only to find in the end that the hole had been drilled 17m short and the supposed problem of the bottom of it being full of packed sand that I'd been trying to solve for over a year didn't exist.

Added well over a year to our build, that little saga did.  I've just spent two hours copying and formatting the 9 page thread from Ebuild into a pdf that's now in part 31 as part of a blog entry:

http://forum.buildhub.org.uk/ipb/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=264

• Like 1