Basic Installation advice - Where does the beam need to go?

From my endless posts you can probably see I'm asking for advice at every step -

I have exposed the rafters on my bungalow extension and taken the tiles back - Picture 1. Under there is the current internal wall with the wall plate and rafters attached - Picture 2. Picture 3 is my very crude calcs provided by an engineer.

So, what next, and where on earth does the beam go? My thoughts were to put across up to support the roof, cut rafters back and install steel on the internal wall (I am getting help on the physical install). Is that right? Or can it sit on the current outside wall that is lower? Thanks all.

RoofTilesBack.png

Plate.png

Calcs.PNG

If you put it on the outer leaf will it fit between top of lintel and underside of rafters/new ceiling joists?

It appears to be shown above outer leaf on the drawings.

Edited by Temp

@Temp I think if it went on outer leaf I would then need to run the new roof from the top of the steel instead of the web? I don’t think it would fit it unless I cut the rafters back but unsure they would sit in the web then.

oh so the drawing is on the outer leaf that’s interesting. Thanks.

7 hours ago, carlosdeanos said:

oh so the drawing is on the outer leaf that’s interesting

Actually  I'm miss reading the drawing. It shows the beam and padstone on the inner half of the wall. 

The side elevation drawing shows it below the new joists , which is done to prevent a thermal bridge.

Edited by Temp