Protect waterproof membrane on underground structure- EPS?

Adam2

We're building using ICF and have some semi-basement aspects to the house - 2-3 sides are covered but 1-2 sides (it varies by floor) are open so drainage around the house is not expected to be a problem.

Planning to use waterproof concrete + externally applied membrane (both BASF) + a double drain dimple layer. In addition I was thinking to also use a 25mm layer of EPS to provide some added protection when back-filling/compacting. May be overkill but it shouldn't be a large cost. I saw seconds+co have 25mm boards at £11/sheet but roofingoutlet have jablite 25mm at £3.80 a sheet which seems a total bargain

https://www.roofingoutlet.co.uk/products/expanded-polystyrene-eps-70-1200mm-x-2400mm-x-25mm

Any suggestions for better solutions appreciated before I press the button.

cheers

2 minutes ago, Conor said:

That's exactly what we're doing. ICF walls, tanking membrane. 50mm EPS100, clean stone backfill.

Do you mind me asking which company's products you're using for the waterproofing? Also - what EPS were you considering just the cheapest you can get or anything in particular?

5 minutes ago, Adam2 said:

Do you mind me asking which company's products you're using for the waterproofing? Also - what EPS were you considering just the cheapest you can get or anything in particular?

No idea - we've just specified a standard on the drawings but not a specific system. the main contractor is doing all that, will know more after our kick-off meeting on Wednesday.

Following this one with interest. I've actually ordered from these guys this weekend! Shipping cost was a bit steep but by the time I had worked it out against travelling 50 miles to collect it from my local supplier it worked out about £5 cheaper based on the amount I need.

Incidentally what are you guys using to mechanically fix it to the blockwork?

Update on this one. Just had this order cancelled by them stating they had not enough stock for my order. I only ordered 15 sheets. No indication if new stock would be coming. My suspicion is they realised that I’m in the Highlands and maybe the shipping was more than quoted. Anyway, back to local supply as all other online suppliers aren’t delivering up here.