Best time to buy stuff??

I am looking at buying a fair amount of stuff for our renovation in the next 6 months and I have been looking at the current lot of sale offers.  Did we have a post which indicated when was the best time to buy at certain shops?  I am sure I remember one - here or on Ebuild but I cannot find it.  Does anyone remember where it might be or do we need to start a new one?

I'm thinking of Ikea or Howdens for the kitchen, Nichols or similar for the bathrooms and varius for the wood, insulation and plasterboard.  But do these companies have typical sale times or is it just pot luck.  We dont have a huge amount of room to store stuff so I am reluctant to get things now that we cant put in for several months.  But I dont want to wait and find prices are much higher than I can get in the sales. 

The Post 'Discount offers of the week' is a great idea and I am keeping an eye on that but timings of sales would also be useful.  Any thoughts?

3 minutes ago, TheMitchells said:

I just received the latest BuildIt magazine and they had a leaflet in for Victoria Plum - will have a closer look.  :D

Be aware that there is also "Victorian plumbing" same sort of prices but they do vary. My trolley on Victorian plumbing has £1756 worth of goods on it but like you storage can be a problem.

@TheMitchells I don't know about timing, but the two threads I started are. To me they seem to be quite random.

1 - Things you can use to get discounts which is pinned in the "Other" forum.

2 - Current offers, which is not pinned and floats back up when someone notices something and remembers:

Edited by Ferdinand

yes, I have been looking at your threads but I thought thiis would be something that could stand alone.  For example I remember being told that Howdens have their sale in October so if anyone wants their kitchen from there and can wait, they'll know to wait.  But your discount of the week is excellent and I keep an eye on it.  Can we get it pinned to the top of that section?