Walk in Shower

Looking at the gap the walk in shower was meant to go tonight and it is smaller than what I thought, I mean it is as it was on the plans but seeing it seems far smaller and I'm now wondering what is best.

It's 1320mm and ideally we just want a walk in one with no sliding or pivot door just a glass and a slim tray which needs to fit in between the walls on the Cloaks on the plan. I'm guessing it would be better to have a 1200 size tray to allow for tiles/wall covering and 1300 tray sizes don't seem common. 

Every walk in shower I've seen this size isn't between two walls. Is it viable to have a walk in shower fitting in this size or is the gap to walk in going to be too small? 

15928555224601110317067124948100.jpg

Just now, PeterW said:

Oooh thanks. Builder said 1200mm would be better but I'm pushing for a 1300mm tray. 100mm makes a big difference ? 

The issue will be what we have on the walls and thickness. If we went for that one we would only have 20mm spare....

Is this in the ensuite?

Why is the shower not running along the other side of the corner?

If it is butted (sorry) up against the loo, you need to think carefully about how you will clean all the different bits.

Mine is butted up against a bath, and I deliberately went for a narrow bath to give me a comfortable hand width to clean between.

If you mean the one in the cloaks, that should be Ok if you get your wall coverings right.

F

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canalsiderenovation said:

Oooh thanks. Builder said 1200mm would be better but I'm pushing for a 1300mm tray. 100mm makes a big difference ? 

The issue will be what we have on the walls and thickness. If we went for that one we would only have 20mm spare....

Tiles or panels drop onto the top of the tray anyway ... You can also use panels direct onto blockwork so saves on boarding out too.

58 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Is this in the ensuite?

@Ferdinand No the cloaks.

I'm not happy with the ensuite shower positioning for the reasons you mention and need to sort that, especially as we have our freestanding bath already purchased! The bath/shower location in the ensuite needs tweaking. We initially weren't having a shower in there but we both realised we needed one for washing hair after a soak in the bath.... Long story.... It could even be a corner one and not that big either. Need to speak to the builder about that.

Ps love your bathroom and video.

47 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Tiles or panels drop onto the top of the tray anyway ... You can also use panels direct onto blockwork so saves on boarding out too.

Panels direct onto blockwork? Any suggestions @PeterW

Edited by canalsiderenovation
Edit

So we spent yesterday bathroom shopping with no success. The tray has to be 1200mm so my idea of something like this in the pic below is out.

I definitely don't want a sliding door and I'd rather not an opening door that is connected to another piece of glass. Something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271562712891 on a 1200mm tray. I'm sure I saw a post from @ProDave on similar topic.

Screenshot_2020-06-28-10-58-17-414_com.google.android.apps.photos.png