Tap manufacturers

My wife has chosen a tap she likes, it is by a company called Schon, it seems to be a Victoria Plum own brand and I think are Indian made, it claims to be high quality and its got the WRAS approval but I am worried. I have found an almost identical tap by Sauber - at least I have heard of Sauber but I am not even sure who they are.

Does anyone know much about these two? Who are the names in taps? I know Pegler & Franke.

Edited by Carrerahill
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jilly said:

Sorry to hijack, but I've just been asked to chose taps for the BC drawings. Can adding £5 aerator ensure compliance?

BC care about taps? Huh? What is this about?

Compliance with what?

Only spec in Scotland is thermostatic valve so you cannot scald yourself. 

Edited by Carrerahill
  • Thanks 1

I've just done some Googling, looks like you have "Part G" and need to limit water use per person per day - I can only assume that as some regions in England have water shortages this was introduced to try and help the issues. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jilly said:

Sorry to hijack, but I've just been asked to chose taps for the BC drawings. Can adding £5 aerator ensure compliance?

If it is for max litres per minute then can you not fit a pressure reducing valve...

I’ve used Grohe throughout Taps showers 

Really impressed with the price and quality 

Not so impressed with the £1000 we spent Ona quooker hot water tap Poor backup and guarantee 

Edited by nod
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jilly said:

Yes it can - most good tap suppliers have flow restrictors for varying flows

• Thanks 1

You just pick whatever tap complies for bregs then fit whatever you like. That's what I do anyway. 

Just put a grohe mints in today and was very Dissapointed. Flow rate is terrible as the tap is on tiny flexi s to fit all 4 pipes within the tap body. I can't fault wayfair customer services. Full refund without having to return tap. 

I have had poor customer service from Victoria plum lately. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Oz07 said:

You just pick whatever tap complies for bregs then fit whatever you like. That's what I do anyway. 

Just put a grohe mints in today and was very Dissapointed. Flow rate is terrible as the tap is on tiny flexi s to fit all 4 pipes within the tap body. I can't fault wayfair customer services. Full refund without having to return tap. 

I have had poor customer service from Victoria plum lately. 

This is how it works, our handrail to the back won't be compliant, I have perspex sheets that can bolt on temporarily to make it look like it will be.