Electric underfloor heating

Pazzy

biggest kits I have seen are about 40m but it relates to the wattage and the controller really as they max out at 16A

I would be using water heated UFH if it was a new floor - electricity is expensive to run and not ideal unless its a small area

4 minutes ago, PeterW said:

I would be using water heated UFH if it was a new floor - electricity is expensive to run and not ideal unless its a small area

+1

Water pipes are also more robust without much to go wrong.

You run the boiler for longer, it would be fine. Don't understand how an extension can have half a new floor..? What are you replacing..?

If there is an old concrete floor then electric UFH is your worst choice as it is unlikely to have any insulation - option to remove it..?

3 hours ago, PeterW said:

You run the boiler for longer, it would be fine. Don't understand how an extension can have half a new floor..? What are you replacing..?

If there is an old concrete floor then electric UFH is your worst choice as it is unlikely to have any insulation - option to remove it..?

Sorry,

sounds stupid I know

Basically I'm having an extension on my old property then knocking into the old property connecting new to old.

may have to discuss this with the builders

Edited by Pazzy
Unfinished sentence

@Pazzy we did that on our previous house, and just put wet UFH in the new extension. The UFH worked well and of a winters morning people would sidle from the old cold floored kitchen to the new warm floored breakfast room.

But watch out,  because after a few years the demarcation line between where there was UFH and where there wasn't started to become visible through the vinyl flooring and ultimately started to resemble a mini San Andreas fault. 

15 hours ago, Russdl said:

@Pazzy we did that on our previous house, and just put wet UFH in the new extension. The UFH worked well and of a winters morning people would sidle from the old cold floored kitchen to the new warm floored breakfast room.

But watch out,  because after a few years the demarcation line between where there was UFH and where there wasn't started to become visible through the vinyl flooring and ultimately started to resemble a mini San Andreas fault. 

Thanks for the info. May have to do the same thing with my extension